DEC Presents: Finding the Money: Understanding the FAFSA and Financing College as a Biz Owner
Join us at the DEC on Thursday, April 14, 11:00-12:00 noon.
Program: This is a powerful public empowerment session designed for business owners with college bound teenagers. The general public may attend and will also find just as much useful information.
Do you want to know…
• How to avoid the 5 most costly mistakes families make paying for college?
• How to qualify for more financial aid?
• Which schools will give you the most scholarship money?
• What schools you can actually afford?
• How to minimize student loan debt?
• How to pay for college without robbing your retirement?
You will learn…
Powerful strategies for business owners to maximize financial aid eligibility, minimize taxes, and maximize cash flow during college years. Strategies on how to:
• Deduct college tuition through your small business
• Identify schools that will give you the most scholarship money
• Avoid capital gains and kiddie tax
• Implement income shifting and gifting
• Qualify for the maximum amount of college tax credits
Presenter: Joe Messinger
Joe Messinger, is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ on a mission to help you become an informed consumer of a college education. A trusted authority in college planning and funding, Joe has been featured in Bloomberg Business Week, 10TV News, Columbus Dispatch, Parent Magazine, and more. As one of the co-founders of Capstone Wealth Partners, a fee only financial planning firm that specializes in college planning, he is frequently asked to speak to parents, students, and professional groups to demystify the college financial aid process.
“Don’t pay a penny more for college than you absolutely have to!”
The Dublin Entrepreneurial Center is located at 565 Metro Place South, Suite 100, Dublin, Ohio 43017. For more information visit our website or even better join the conversation on twitter, facebook, or LinkedIn.