Topic: Career Advancement & Skill Development for Testers
For the month of June, we are going to be talking about career advancement and skill development for testers. We will be going back to a discussion based format for this meeting.
Let’s plan on covering some of the topics below:
– What types of roles are there for those wishing to start within the testing profession?
– What could different career advancement possibilities look like for testers?
– What steps do you take as a manager to help testers with their career progression?
– What skills are necessary/helpful for testers to advance?
Be sure to bring other discussion ideas that might be relevant for the night’s topic. Come prepared to share your questions, insight, and experience!
5:45-6:00 – Networking
6:00-6:05 – Announcements
6:05-7:45 – Presentation & Discussion
7:45-8:00 – Networking if time permits.
Please FEEL FREE to bring food with you to the meetup.
This meeting is for:
– Seasoned QA & Testing Professionals
– New testers starting out
– Those interested in starting a career in testing
– Anyone interested in learning more about Testing
Time & Location:
6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin OH 43017
6:00-8:00 p.m. – June 28, 2016
– Take I-270 to Exit 17A (US 33 East/161 East)
– Exit 17A will turn into Dublin Granville Rd.
– Turn left on to Post Road (1st intersection you come to)
– Veer immediately right onto Frantz Rd./Kilgour Place. You will see a sign for OCLC
– Drive into the campus. You will see three buildings. At the stop sign, turn left and follow signs for the Kilgour building. Before getting to the turnaround circle where the visitor entrance was, turn right. Park in Employee Lot #1.
– The old visitor entrance of the Kilgour building (by the lake) is now closed. Enter the new entrance for Kilgour where the Employee entrance was prior. Let the receptionist know you are here for the meetup and sign in.
Be sure to tell your friends and co-workers about this meeting.
Don’t forget to RSVP!
We look forward to seeing you there.
– Matt & Mindy Hutchison