Join us at the DEC on March 16, 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Topic: The Storm’s Coming: Sales and Use Tax Audit Prep!
Register on Eventbrite
Sales and use tax can be a trap for the unwary business. In this presentation, we will explore some of the basics of sales and use tax while also looking at advanced concepts that can be used to protect yourself from a potential state audit. Join us for a look at selected topics in sales and use tax that will empower you to avoid some of the common pitfalls!
Speaker: Joe Popp
Joe Popp, JD, LLM is a graduate of the Ohio State University, Ohio State Moritz College of Law, and Capital University. He specializes in transactional taxes (sales and use tax) and is a frequent presenter on the topic for both the Ohio Bar Association and the Ohio Society of CPAs.
Joe often assists both startup businesses and established ones on a variety of tax issues including entity planning and affordable care act compliance.
11:45 am – 1:00 pm: Complimentary networking lunch sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings.
Additional DEC Opportunities
• 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Ohio SBDC of Columbus State offering Small Business Advisory Services
• 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Additional Free Professional Small Business Advice
• Startup/Scaleup 1-on-1 with Representatives from Rev1 Ventures
• Financial 1-on-1 with Andrew Rosenbeck, 5/3rd Bank
• Human Resources 1-on-1 with Representative Tyler Abrams, Sequent
• Legal 1-on-1 with legal counsel, Carlile, Patchen & Murphy
• Accounting 1-on-1 with Rea & Associates
Location: The Dublin Entrepreneurial Center is located at 565 Metro Place South, Dublin, Ohio 43017 on the first and third floors. For more information visit our website or even better join the conversation on twitter,facebook, or LinkedIn.