Calling all citizen scientists! Come out and join the OSU Stone Lab as we help them monitor local waterways. We’ll meet at Stone Lab on Kinnear Road at 5:30 to gather equipment, then carpool to the testing site off of Ackerman. You’ll be wading in the stream so bring your boots or water shoes. And since it’s summer in Ohio we recommend packing your sunscreen and bug spray! Upon arriving at the test site, we’ll gather water samples and take water chemistry measurements. Then we’ll use nets and pick up rocks to look for and log macro-invertebrates. No experience is necessary! Even if you don’t want to get wet, you can observe from the banks and help identify some macro-invertebrates. Post any question or comments below and we’ll see you on the 23rd!
- TechLife Columbus Newsletter: Kick off Pride Month with Zetta Stars, Startup Stories, Tech Community Summerfest and more!
- Only 1 Week to the Spring Fling - more Raffle Prizes Announced, Can't Stop Cbus Impact Hack, Startup Stories Announces Storytellers, and more!
- TechLife Newsletter: The Latest Columbus Tech News, Events, and more!
- ScriptDrop and Uber partner up, Growing GiftHealth sells majority stake for $40M, Columbus Impact Hack returns April 28-30 and more!
- [📸 updated] Building a Tech Mecca in Columbus. The RIGHT TIME, The RIGHT PLACE. An exclusive interview with Ratmir Timashev - Record breaking donation