MEC FirstTuesdays of Every Month
The Marysville Entrepreneurial Center “MEC” was created in 2008 to foster grassroots economic development in Union County. “MEC Days” are hosted the First Tuesday of every month from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. at our downtown location – 129 North Main Street, Marysville, Ohio. Visitors are welcome to drop-in and grab one of our Hot Spot locations to work while enjoying some networking throughout the day, and attend any of our scheduled educational events on numerous small business topics. So, load up your backpack with your wireless devices and make some valuable connections on MEC Day!
While visiting the MEC, enjoy:
· Free and convenient parking – street-side or within a block
· Free use of the facility Wi-Fi
· Free training programs to enhance your personal skills and business development knowledge
· Free lunch sponsored by Boston’s from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30p.m., along with refreshments throughout the day
· Networking with other entrepreneurs
· A tour of the MEC office spaces, including information on availability
· Meeting with the MEC Team: Chaz Freutel & Mike Bowers
You are always encouraged to just drop in on MEC Days and enjoy the day. For planning purposes, it is helpful for a food and refreshments count to know how many to expect. Therefore, we ask that you register for each individual attending an event on the meetup calendar.
Events for the MEC on February 7th:
The Human Element of Marketing and Sales – Join us from 11:00am – 12:00pm
We all want to be treated as humans. The problem is that when it comes to marketing and sales, many businesses don’t treat their prospects like their human. What does human marketing and sales look like? Why is it so important? What are the benefits to your business? These are some of the topics we will be discussing during this session.
What you’ll learn:
1. How buyers have changed
2. The importance of trust during the buying process
3. Why inbound marketing is more human
4. A new sales approach that is actually helpful
5. How this affects your bottom line
Presenter: Jeff Elder, Owner, Sync Three
Jeff has a deep belief that when companies make their marketing and sales more human they will experience continual growth. He believes that the road to becoming more human is to combine inbound marketing, trust-building sales approaches and technology. He understands that when companies become more human they will drive more sales.
Jeff is a certified inbound & content marketer. He is an inbound and content strategist, speaker, coach and consultant.
11:45 a.m – 12:30pm. – Complimentary Lunch
12:15 – 1:30pm – Life Lessons Over Lunch
Program: Life Lessons over Lunch was launched in Columbus metro area about 3 years ago by Mr. Paul Kilzer; SJ joined him as a co-leader about 15 months ago. LLOL seeks to offer those who attend the luncheon an opportunity to do all of the below in 90 mins. Or less :
• Open networking (meet new people, reconnect with others whom you already know)
• Professional & Leadership Development ( via watching & discussing a video of the month )
Attendees should take away the following :
• Some new business cards
• Another step taken on the forward road of lifelong learning & growth.
Noon-12:15 / Open networking & intros around the table
12:15 – 1:00 / video & discussion
1:00 – 1:30 / Open networking resumes
Presenters: SJ Barakony & Paul Kilzer
The MEC is conveniently located in the heart of historic Uptown Marysville at 129 N Main Street, Marysville, Ohio. The MEC is easily accessible to visitors arriving from anywhere in Union County and the Columbus Region.
There is on-street parking (2-hr limit) in front of the MEC, along N Main St., as well as around the corner on 4th St., and a Civic Parking Lot located at the corner of 4th and Plum Streets, one block from the facility.
More MEC Info:
For additional information about the MEC, please visit our website at www.TheMEC.org