The Marysville Entrepreneurial Center “MEC” was created in 2008 to foster grassroots economic development in Union County. “MEC Days” are hosted the First Tuesday of every month from 10:00a.m. to 2:00p.m. at our downtown location – 129 North Main Street, Marysville, Ohio. Visitors are welcome to drop-in and grab one of our Hot Spot locations to work while enjoying some networking throughout the day, and attend any of our scheduled educational events on numerous small business topics. So, load up your backpack with your wireless devices and make some valuable connections on MEC Day!
While visiting the MEC, enjoy:
· Free and convenient parking – street-side or within a block
· Free use of the facility Wi-Fi
· Free training programs to enhance your personal skills and business development knowledge
· Free lunch sponsored by Boston’s from 11:45 a.m. to 12:30p.m., along with refreshments throughout the day
· Networking with other entrepreneurs
· A tour of the MEC office spaces, including information on availability
· Meeting with the MEC Team: Chaz Freutel & Mike Bowers
You are always encouraged to just drop in on MEC Days and enjoy the day. For planning purposes, it is helpful for a food and refreshments count to know how many to expect. Therefore, we ask that you register for each individual attending an event on the meetup calendar.
Events for the MEC on May 2nd:
Don’t Just Be a Leader… Be a Creative Leader – Join us from 10:30 – 11:45 am
Only one thing stands between you and being a creative leader- Your mindset! You have the ability to successfully think, look, and act like a creative leader. Become a creative leader by challenging your inner dialogue (Think), improving your physicality (Look) and using the art of improvisation as a weapon in working America (Act). Change your mindset and think, look, and act like a leader.
• Thinking-Creating “inner dialogue” that is positive, confident, and embraces challenges
• Looking- Improving your posture and physicality which will allow you to command attention and own your space
• Acting- Becoming a master improviser will allow you to make spontaneous decisions with thoughtful consideration
• Improvise- Improvising with a set of constraints is the true definition of creative leadership
• Own Your Space- Proper posture improves one’s confidence and self esteem which allows one to take command
• Creative Leadership- Gain a creative advantage over your competition by thinking, looking, and acting like a creative leader
• Mentality- Take your career to the next level by attacking problems and coming up with solutions
Presenter: Chad J. Willett
Chad J. Willett (National Speakers Association/ Screen Actors Guild) specializes in creativity and innovation in regards to transforming cultures, re-defining creative leadership practices, and working and living in the moment. His book “Smash the Box” purposefully SMASHES the way books are written: pages are out of order, no table of contents, no page numbers etc.
11:45 a.m – 12:30pm. – Complimentary Lunch
12:15 – 1:30pm – Life Lessons Over Lunch
Program: Life Lessons over Lunch was launched in Columbus metro area about 3 years ago by Mr. Paul Kilzer; SJ joined him as a co-leader about 15 months ago. LLOL seeks to offer those who attend the luncheon an opportunity to do all of the below in 90 mins. Or less :
• Open networking (meet new people, reconnect with others whom you already know)
• Professional & Leadership Development ( via watching & discussing a video of the month )
Attendees should take away the following :
• Some new business cards
• Another step taken on the forward road of lifelong learning & growth.
Noon-12:15 / Open networking & intros around the table
12:15 – 1:00 / video & discussion
1:00 – 1:30 / Open networking resumes
Presenters: SJ Barakony & Paul Kilzer
The MEC is conveniently located in the heart of historic Uptown Marysville at 129 N Main Street, Marysville, Ohio. The MEC is easily accessible to visitors arriving from anywhere in Union County and the Columbus Region.
There is on-street parking (2-hr limit) in front of the MEC, along N Main St., as well as around the corner on 4th St., and a Civic Parking Lot located at the corner of 4th and Plum Streets, one block from the facility.
More MEC Info:
For additional information about the MEC, please visit our website at www.TheMEC.org