Not sure how the Internet works?
Want to build a cool website, but can’t decide what language to use?
Tired of techies throwing around acronyms that make your head spin?
In this class, we will walk through the fundamentals of web development in layperson’s terms. While we won’t be writing code, we’ll take you through various components of the web and how they work together. If you want to learn how to communicate better with your technical team or friends to transition to a career in tech but don’t know where to start, this course is for you.
Topics include but are not limited to:
• What is the World Wide Web?
• Where are web site files generally stored?
• What is the difference between a client and a server?
• There are so many programming languages! What is the difference between them? How do I know which one to use?
• What do you need to know before building a web site?
• What tools do you need to develop a web site?
• What is the make up of a web development team?
• What career options are available within web development?
• I want to learn how to code – where do I start?
This class is geared toward people with little to no technical experience.
Your payment of $15 guarantees your seat in the course. Please note that we can only issue refunds in the event of a full workshop cancellation. If you can no longer attend the workshop, your payment will be donated to our chapter scholarship fund, which will help another woman in need.
This class will be hosted at the Mutually Human office downtown, on the third floor of the Factory No. 6 building.
Paid parking is available just north the Factory No. 6 building in the ABM parking lot on the southwest corner of North 5th Street and East Naughten Street. All-day parking is $5, which can be paid in cash and will be reimbursed to you by our wonderful sponsors at Mutually Human.
See this map for the location of the Mutually Human office and parking locations.
Our program and curriculum are geared toward adults over the age of 18; at this time we do not accept minors as students in our courses and workshops.
If you have questions, please contact Caitlin at email@example.com.