Please register here: http://www.meetup.com/Columbus-Web-Group/events/228082940/
Men in tech have enormous power to help bring gender balance to the tech industry. Once a man is deeply grounded in why gender balance matters and has the tools to be an effective ally, his daily actions have a positive ripple effect. How do you achieve this state of being?
Lauren will discuss:
• Why gender balance is a win-win for everyone
• Core concepts you must understand to be an effective change agent
• How to avoid some of the common mistakes that damage diversity efforts
• Why the experience of belonging is so vital to human happiness and productivity
• How to skillfully manage unconscious bias and create a truly inclusive environment
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Lauren Kinsey is a communicator and connector. She’s passionate about the power of technology and the process of cultural change. Lauren is driven by a vision of a healthier technology culture that brings out the best in all stakeholders. In 2015 she gave a TEDx Talk on “How Women Can Hack into Tech” and created a website to help women find alternative pathways into tech careers. Lauren blogs about gender balance and inclusion in the tech industry at laurenkinseyblog.wordpress.com. She also enjoys connecting with diverse and intelligent people onTwitter (@LaurenMKinsey).
Lauren is currently working on writing a book on ‘How Columbus Ohio Became a Great City for Women in Tech.’ If you have a story to share about something you or an organization you’re affiliated with has done to support women in tech in Columbus, get in touch!