Who are we?
An exciting new Club has been formed in Columbus called the “Columbus PdM Club.” The Columbus PdM Club is a free social networking event connecting Product Managers in Central Ohio. The club’s goal is to provide a forum for learning and networking (usually over drinks) among Product Managers. The educational aspect will cover current developments in product management, inviting local Product Managers to share their insight during events. The club will also serve as a platform for discussions on all major drivers of the product management discipline such as new technologies, methodologies, best practices, and emerging models for product development.
Product Management is a rapidly evolving discipline that is proving to deliver tremendous value for organizations like facebook, Google and Amazon as well as start-ups. There is a shared eagerness within the the Columbus PdM Club to mature and grow our Product skill sets. Come join the Columbus PdM Club for a panel-discussion on February 18th focused on Roadmapping, including:
• Story Mapping
• Developing your Minimum Viable Product
• Slicing with Rigor!
• Conveying your Roadmap
• Learning & Adapting
The Panelists include:
• Justin Browder, Axia Consulting
• Mark Gilicinski, Cardinal Health
• Nick Baker, Gap Inc.
• Wendy Jacobs, Cardinal Solutions
6:00-6:30 Food and Networking
6:30-7:30 Panel Discussion
7:30-? – Networking
The Columbus PdM Club uses slack as our main means of communication and discussing topics outside of the weekly meetings. For this meetup, we will use slack to help inform our list of topics. Feel free to join and contribute!! Please follow the below instructions on how to setup a slack account.
• To register for the slack channel, please visit: http://goo.gl/forms/aETDi4F09k and submit the request.
• Slack will send you an email with instructions on how to finalize your account.
• The URL for the web client will be https://columbuspdm.slack.com
• Once you get to slack there are a couple things to do that will help make your experience better:
1. Open your profile and edit your profile picture
2. Go to notification settings and adjust how you want to be notified of chat updates
3. Go to the google play store, windows app store, or apple app store and download the mobile application. This make communicating really easy.
4. Once you install the mobile app, make sure to adjust the notifications settings there as well. Most people set theirs to only be notified for direct mentions of private messages.