Our client has a remote contract opportunity for a Software Developer. As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for contributing to the creation, maintenance, and support of all Projection/Connectivity functionality within the client’s Infotainment system. Your contributions will enable customers to enjoy a seamless Projection/Connectivity experience.
- Contribute as designer and developer to build Android based Infotainment solutions for Automotive consumer devices
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the Infotainment software
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for GM Infotainment systems
- Follow our software development process where quality comes first, and ensure that the designed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security
- Engage in all regular software development activities such as architecture, feature requirements, design, code, and test case reviews, to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs, to identify, capture and refine system requirements, and, to identify innovation opportunities
- Work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile/SAFe
- Provide clear and complete documentation based on the definition of the software development
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years software application development experience in Automotive or portable consumer electronic devices in embedded domain
- Domain knowledge and experience of software development on the Android system, and have worked in various components and layers
- Software design and development experience using object-oriented methodologies, data structures, algorithms and relevant design patterns
- Proficiency in Java to design and write clean, well-structured and optimal code for embedded systems
- Demonstrated experience in multithreading, inter-process communication and synchronization of shared resources
- Experience with using and managing agile software development process
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both challenging and engineering technical excellence
- Strong evidence of career performance excellence in position of ever-increasing levels of responsibility and challenge
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
- Experience in Android middleware and framework development using Android Open Source Project in Java (Application and Services) and Native layer
- Experience with Android Auto, CarPlay or any other Projection protocols
- Experience in any of the following components: USB, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth
- Experience in developing Automotive Infotainment solutions
- Experience with GIT or similar version controls
- Common tools used for embedded development and IDEs is highly preferred
- Analyze highly complex business requirements; generate technical specifications to design or redesign complex software components and applications
- Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts
- Leverage industry best practices to design, test, implement and support a solution
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
- Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment
- Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 5-7 years experience required
- Development experience in needed language or technology (e.g. – C#, C++, HTML)
- Hands on experience in designing, developing and successful deployment of large scale projects from end-to-end
- Hands on experience in following the iterative and agile SDLC
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Revel IT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this or our other open roles!
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.