Our Columbus, Ohio client has a contract-to-hire opportunity for a Service Desk Supervisor who can performs duties in alignment with the client’s Strategic Plan and in support of the organization’s vision. Performs professional work providing support on personal computer and Macintosh hardware and software to end users and provides technical assistance to staff on operating hardware and software and office peripherals.
Service Desk Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Also is responsible for supporting audio/visual, video conferencing and telephone (Cisco VoIP) systems.
- Service Desk and responds to and resolves end user system issues that are reported through the Service Desk hotline and mailbox.
- Work with direct reports on the Service Desk to resolve various hardware/software, peripheral (digital display devices, docking stations, etc.), and telephone problems. Complete PC and Macintosh peripherals and phone installs as required.
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP) for operating and maintaining desktop systems, including standard imaging, security protocols and Virtual Desktop environments.
- Lead the weekly review of incidents and work to resolve outstanding incidents for the entire IT team.
- Trains new employees on the use of office equipment such as voice mail, telephones, and desktop systems;
- Researches and works with Management to procure new hardware and software, including developing specifications and providing cost estimates;
- Manages the testing of new technical applications and upgrades;
- Maintains an inventory of I.T. equipment, warranty expiration dates, and works with Supply Management staff to auction obsolete equipment and follow proper disposal procedures for non-sellable equipment;
- Performs file back-ups and restores, using CommVault software; applies anti-virus updates and performs password resets as needed by the users
- Assists staff in configuring training rooms, conference rooms, etc. and providing technical assistance on equipment as required for meetings;
- Responsible for recommending and implementing new technical solutions
- Responsible for the hiring, discipline, review writeup, goal setting (from client goals) for all direct reports.
- Able to identify and deduce major issues on the front line and communicate out business wide issues.
- Responsible for end user system and user administration for the entire organization through Active Directory
- Manages deployment, administration, and support for desktops
- Fields incoming Incident and Service requests from end users
- Assesses and installs appropriate upgrades, patches, drivers, etc.
- Identifies and learns appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Ensures license compliance and documentation
- Performs hands-on fixes, including software/hardware installation and upgrades, implementing file backups and configuring systems and applications
- Performs advanced troubleshooting and remediation;
- Responsible for end-to-end support of a complex network located in multiple locations, including support of local and remote users
- Available to support critical business issues 24/7 as part on an on-call rotation
- May be required to be available through a mobile device via voice and/or data during and outside of normal working hours. Must respond within the defined Service Level Agreement
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance required; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED, and a minimum of seven (7) years of experience supporting PC and Macintosh hardware and software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in business or public administration.
- A+ certification desired.
- ITIL certification desired.
- Knowledge of personal computer and Macintosh hardware and software, including experience with setup, configuration and installation
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows and Macintosh -based desktop operating systems, MS Exchange, MS Office Suite, SCCM, and imaging software to roll out new software releases
- Skills in verbal and written communication
- Skills in human relations and customer service
- Ability to diagnose, evaluate and resolve PC and Macintosh hardware and software problems
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Willingness to ask questions to management and other IT support staff during times in which the analyst is uncertain of how to resolve an incident.
- Solid knowledge of TCPIP, DNS, DHCP and LAN
- Knowledge of computer hardware, including tablets, desktops, laptops, IP Phones, and mobile devices
- Familiarity with the Sophos Anti-Virus solution
- Experience with Cisco (VoIP) telephone and voice mail setup/administration
- Application support experience with Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to work in a team orientated environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment; and
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.