Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
As a Senior Software Developer with our Columbus, Ohio client, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software to support of a very complex business model. In this role, you will meet with customers to understand their business processes and needs with the objective of determining solutions to support the business. This will sometimes require filling multiple roles to turn the customer’s needs into actual solutions.
You will also take proactive approaches to owning and solving technical issues and communicating progress to Application Manager and Stakeholders. You are also expected to mentor and coach junior developers in software development activities (designing, developing, testing, debugging, supporting).
- 5+ years experience including the following:
- 5+ years hands-on experience in modern software development environments (JEE, C#, and/or Grails) developing mission-critical software.
- Knowledge of relational database structure and design. Experience with Oracle databases is preferred.
- Ability to create and modify SQL queries.
- Understanding of and experience with multiple phases of software development lifecycles/methodologies.
- Software analysis and design activities for new software or enhancements to existing software to include providing high level estimates based on limited information in support of the project governance process.
- Software development activities for new software or enhancements to existing software.
- Support of new and existing software.
- Interaction/communication with business users regarding requirements, design reviews, prototype presentations, etc. This position may or may not manage employees based on location of incumbent.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts.
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability.
- Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs.
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process.
- Experience in interfacing with business users.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exhibit high degree of self-management
- Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 7x24x365 environment.
- Familiarity with software usability concepts.
- Experience with mobile technologies.
- Experience developing web services
- Understanding of and experience with all software development lifecycle phases.
- Familiarity with configuration management concepts and tools.
The candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S. without an employer-sponsored visa unless otherwise noted.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.