Treat our consultants and clients the way we would like others to treat us!
Interested in joining our team? Check out the opportunity below and apply today!
We have an immediate contract opening in Hurricane, West Virginia for a Right-of-Way (ROW) Agent/ Project Manager which will include the responsibility for overseeing multiple projects or program area of projects within a matrix team environment related to the successful installation of transmission line and/or transmission or distribution substation facilities.
**Job works a hybrid schedule. 3 days a week report to office located in Hurricane, WV – Thursday and Friday’s work from home.
- Candidate must be experienced in creating scopes, budget and schedules for the acquisition of right-of-way projects.
- Will manage and direct project teams comprised of non-direct reports of contract resources.
- Experience in managing projects for ROW or electric transmission preferred.
- Positions will be five days a week, must be able to travel and will be assigned small – large transmission line and transmission station projects in various regions as needed.
- This includes collaborating in scope completion and creation of estimates, along with managing the ROW acquisition include the monthly facilitation of meetings for status (along with creation and updating monthly project cost budgets and project schedules).
- Develop relationships and effectively communicate with all stakeholders including internal customers, external customers, team members, suppliers, contractors, vendors, and industry peers.
- Candidate should be well-versed in various aspects of Project Management or the Acquisition of ROW
- Proficient in written & verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency a must
- Knowledgeable in GIS Mapping systems and databases
- Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted estimating practices
- Properly review maps, drawings, exhibits
- Knowledgeable in earned value and project reports
- Act as an expert witness, assist and confer with legal counsel and project management in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions.
- Associates degree plus three (3) years related experience; OR, Bachelor of Science degree plus two (2) years’ related experience.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: business, project management, real estate, law, electric transmission and/or distribution right-of-way and/or real estate and/or possess a professional certificate (i.e., IR/WA, SR/WA, PMP, etc).
- Prior experience in a leadership position and/or project management a plus.
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Handle complicated negotiations with land owners (or their designees) for the acquisition of land rights relative to the construction, reconstruction, or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Settle damage claims with property owners (or their designees) relative to property damage caused or created by client, or its contractors, during the construction, reconstruction, maintenance or removal of transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Search courthouses and other records as may be available to determine present property ownership(s) and the extent of interests therein.
- Review and interpret legal documents, property surveys, legal descriptions, surveying drawings, appraisals, and reports.
- Prepare approved legal documents for the acquisition of land rights relative to the construction, reconstruction or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Provide functional support to other client Business Units in regard to questions and procedures in the acquisition of land rights.
- Maintain property owner files, maps, drawings, exhibits and detailed progress reports within Right-of-Way Stakeholder Information system (ROWSi).
- Knowledgeable in real estate values and accepted real estate appraisal practices in the acquisition of land rights.
- Follow TROW estimate guidelines and practices for the acquisition of land rights for the acquisition of land rights relative to the construction, reconstruction, enlargement or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Complete ROW estimate & scope for TROW Projects, and manage, develop, review and coordinate right-of-way project scope, schedule, budget related to multiple right-of-way projects or program of projects.
- Follow TROW Outsourcing Technical Guidelines for the outsourcing of acquisition of land rights relative to the construction, reconstruction or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Act as a liaison or project manager with vendor companies performing services relative to the acquisition of land rights for the construction, reconstruction or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Responsible for project oversight in reviewing and supervising vendor companies on ROW Projects to ensure adherence to project schedules and budget, as well as project reporting.
- Review periodic status and cost of managed right-of-way projects. Also, track the project quality, milestones and performance against annual work plans.
- Monitor the closeout process and establish any lessons learned on TROW projects and recommend process improvements as appropriate.
- Approve vouchers for payments incurred in the acquisition of land rights involving the construction, reconstruction or maintenance of electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Act as a witness and assist in the selection of witnesses and commissioners in connection with condemnation and/or other court actions involving the acquisition of land rights or other court actions which may result from the construction, reconstruction or maintenance for electric transmission and/or distribution facilities.
- Represent Transmission right-of-way in internal process improvement teams and initiatives as well as external industry forums, where required.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.