Our Canadian client is seeking a QA Test Analyst for a contract opportunity.
QA Test Analyst
- Define test strategy and test plan based on software development plan
- Design detailed test cases based on requirements and test plan
- Create and maintain the traceability of requirements and test cases
- Design and develop test tools and test scripts to automate the testing, including test cases and test work flow
- Prepare test report, provide initial issue analysis, and contribute to defect prevention
- Setup and configure necessary test equipment and environments for test execution and automation. Test environments may include simulation or target hardware.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of test processes and methodologies
- Energetic, capable, collaborative, agile, inclusive, innovative
- Technical capabilities: knowledge, experience and potential on relevant technical domains and process
- Behaviors: team work, communication, driving for results, inspire others
- Android testing
- Test automation development (e.g. Python)
- The main function of a QA Test Analyst is to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution.
- Execute test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures
- Test system modifications to prepare for implementation
- Develop testing programs that addresses areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, or usability
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
- Identify, analyze and document problems with program function, output, online screen or content
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Associate’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
- 5-7 years experience required
- Experience testing software
- Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports
- Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Revel IT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this or our other open roles!
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX, and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.