Our client is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to assist a growing team to work on innovative and leading-edge solutions. We are looking for someone to join an exciting, motivated, and productive development team in delivering enterprise-level solutions.
**Open to fully remote but needs to be in eastern or central business hours**
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience
- 12+ years in any software development role
- 8+ years of .NET platform and MVC experience
- 3+ years of Java/J2EE experience
- 2+ years of experience working with Kafka, Elasticsearch or similar systems
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Strong knowledge of web service models: SOAP, OData, REST
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
- Execute product specification, system design, development, and system integration
- Develop new product concepts and development, deliver product prototypes
- Conduct new technology research, concept specification and design of individual software components
- Participate in product and program collaboration
- Refactor implementations to standardize on an event driven architecture
- Refactor web application and services to be completely stateless and cloud ready
- Maintain, configure, and improve integration with client platforms
- Troubleshoot and fix problems and provide root cause analysis in a timely manner
- Provide 24×7 on-call support, after hours and weekend work as needed
- Complete other tasks as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience with using SQL Server as a backend preferred
- Experience with TFS and Git
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical, and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage workload and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with all laws, regulations, and company policies
- Travel when required
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.