Our Team located in Saint Paul, MN or Sylmar, CA, currently has an opportunity for an Operability Engineer. The team provides centralized data collection, monitoring, alerting, and capacity management for product technology infrastructure and application teams. This open position focuses on the maintenance and monitoring of deployed systems with an emphasis on DevOps and SRE practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create actionable alerts for both operations and application teams via code
- Identify tasks and processes requiring automation, develop and implement solutions
- Ensure resources are patched in accordance with our or our or organizational policies
- Ensure backups are running and tested, implement monitoring and alerting
- Work with DevOps to identify improvements and develop solutions
- Create and maintain documentation and training material for developed solutions
- Participate in remediation efforts and conduct postmortems
- Identify resource types that require scaling and design solutions via code
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associates degree in computer science, security, networking or related IT field or 3+ years of equivalent IT experience
- 2+ years of Azure experience
- Experience with tools such as Terraform, Git, Gitlab, Splunk
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting languages (AZ command line, PowerShell etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization
- Multitasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner
- Applies enterprise security policies and standards when performing all operational duties
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Working knowledge of Azure and Azure PaaS services
- Knowledgeable in CI/CD
- 3-5 years Splunk user experience
- General exposure to how key networking components operate/function, primarily firewalls and load-balancers/reverse proxies such F5 LTM/GTM or Azure native services
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.