The Lead Java Developer / Analyst in this direct hire role will work in the Information Technology organization and is responsible for the development and support of software applications. He/she works on a team (usually) or alone (occasionally) as a high-level technical expert in designing, developing, testing, debugging, and supporting new software or enhancements to existing software in support of a very complex business model. This is a key role in mentoring the software development staff and communicating with the business community and offshore development resources. The Lead has deep technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of the business application of software solutions.
- When executing projects with offshore resources (but not limited to offshore projects), time may be split 60/40 or 70/30 between technical leadership vs. actual coding
- Software analysis and design activities for new software or enhancements to existing software. Coding of new software applications and/or the modification of existing software applications. This will entail the review and understanding of project scope, requirements, project design and the IT development life cycle.
- Required to perform code reviews and provide high level estimates on with limited information supporting the project governance process.
- Software development activities for new software or enhancements to existing software. Support (issue resolution) of existing software applications. Any newly created or modified applications will require support time to correct software bugs. Must respond quickly to critical issues.
- Support of new and existing software. Analysis (scope and requirements) and Design.
- Involved with requirements gathering, documenting requirements and design creation. This may include leading (guiding and mentoring) a team of Developers in the design phase.
- Interaction/communication with business users and offshore resources. Required to communicate with business users regarding requirements, design reviews and prototype presentations, etc. Communication to lead and support offshore development resources will also be required.
- Will provide technical and process coaching/mentoring of staff members including offshore resources. Assisting other team members in the understanding of processes and technologies. This position may or may not manage employees based on location of incumbent.
- Will provide technical design for projects. This is a major requirement when working with offshore resources
- Will provide technical assistance with environment setupconfiguration
- Will provide guidance regarding technical -related processes such as development builds, testing, etc.
- Will be the liaison for informationdirection regarding process or technical changes within the organization (i.e., build procedures, coding standards, etc.)
- Will review prototypes
- Will perform code reviews
- Will estimate project work and will review project estimates of team members
- Will perform design and estimation activities for pre-governance TSR work
- Will assist the Project Manager in finalizing project schedule
- May be involved with several projects at one time within regards to design and support
- Will develop technical direction for the project and ensure technical quality of the code delivered
- Five to seven years hands-on experience in modern software development environments (JEE, C#, and/or Grails) developing mission-critical software.
- Frameworks: React, React Native, Grails
- Tools: Git
- Infrastructure: AWS (S3, CloudFront, Lambda, EC2), Oracle DB
- Practices: Agile, test-driven development
- Languages: C#, SASS, Ruby, Objective-C
- Frameworks: .NET Core, Gatsby, Styled Components
- Tools: GraphQL, Jenkins, rspec, Jest, AWS CodeBuild
- Infrastructure: MongoDB
- Platform: Salesforce (CMS, Lightning)
- Understanding of and experience with all software development lifecycle phases
- Familiarity with software usability concepts
- Experience with web services
- Architecture/ system design experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and quickly comprehend new concepts
- Demonstrated strong judgment and decision-making ability
- Passion and ability in providing excellent customer service
- Demonstrated strong logical and technical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent skills and considerable experience with analyzing requirements and developing application designs
- Ability to develop accurate estimates and assist other team members with the estimation process.
- Experience in interfacing with business users
- Ability and experience in mentoringdeveloping staff members
- Ability and experience assigning and monitoring tasks
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exhibit high degree of self-management
- Experience facilitating meetings with multiple customers and technical staff, including building consensus and mediating compromises when necessary
- Availability to participate in an on-call support rotation of a 7x24x365 environment
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.