Histotechnician contractor is needed in Tucson, AZ who supports the functions of histology in the performance of routine histotechniques and maintains high level of professional expertise through familiarity with advances in histotechniques.
- Follows standard procedures and safety policies in performing the tasks and utilizes good documentation practices for maintaining records.
- This job is third in the Histotech job series comprising five levels. The employee performs histotechnology duties without directsupervision.
- Performs grossing clinical samples without direct supervision of a pathologist.
- Performs tissue processing, cell block preparation, embedding, microtomy and slide staining. Performs accessioning as assigned.
- Screens tissue, prepares control tissue, and performs instrument and equipment validation.
- Performs antibody titers, dilutions and reagent lot verification staining.
- Maintains instruments and/ or laboratory equipment.
- Performs complex technologies as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, or Associate’s Degree in laboratory science, medical laboratory technology, or major in Histology Current HT or HTL (ASCP) certification HT/ HTL board eligible
- Years of Experience Experience Details Req Pref
- 3 years experience as a histotechnician or histotechnologist working in a lab where histotechniques are being used is required.
- Current HT certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skill or Ability:
- Solid working knowledge of IHC theory and troubleshooting, and basic IHC and routine histology and IHC quality control documentation.
- Experienced in routine histotechniques
- Ability to perform grossing of clinical biopsy samples, processing, embedding, microtomy, H&E staining and cover slipping of the same.
- Skilled with use of word processing and email use.
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.