We are currently seeking a Business Intelligence Manager in Cambridge for a full-time opportunity.
Business Intelligence Manager
- This management role is responsible for leading a team of EPIC Report Developers and Leads as well as Business intelligence experts to perform a variety of tasks including building an Analytics strategy, managing release activities, building and managing our Data technology stack and maintaining availability, scalability, reliability, security, and integrity of Data environments both On-prem and Cloud.
- This individual is also responsible for overall Analytics Architecture including EPIC reporting from clarity and caboodle using self service tools and Custom Dashboards and reports.
- The individual in this role will be working closely with Data Engineering, Analytics Service Center and EPIC teams in every step of the Analytics lifecycle and provide expertise to ensure stability while creating the Analytics solutions for all the future needs.
- Works closely with business to gather and clarify requirements, validate progress and communicate strategy, roadmap, capabilities on Operation Analytics and Business Intelligence.
- Understand the Analytics Frameworks for HealthCare Provider organizations and implements the learning to the practice in an EPIC Analytics environment.
- Fosters innovation in the patient and provider experience by combining EPIC functional and operational knowledge.
- Manages prioritization of tasks and user stories in collaboration with Business stakeholders and IT managers and Architects.
- Takes informed decisions on Analytics solutions on EPIC Reporting workbench vs Slicer-Dicer vs Business Intelligence tools like Tableau and Power BI.
- Assists with training and change management efforts on implementation of new Reporting Solutions.
- Defines metrics for success and failure and analyzes and creates dashboards for key metrics. Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- Manages application support and monitors status and progress of support tasks and projects.
- Works closely with Analytics business partners to spin up and manage squads for efficient service delivery.
- Coordinates incidents by validating, troubleshooting, contacting Data Ops and engineering teams, and sending out communication.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: 4-6 Indirect Reports: None
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5-8 years related work experience required and 1-3 years supervisory/management experience required
- Expertise in EPIC Reporting and Analytics tools.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools ( Power BI/Tableau).
- Experience in a healthcare setting.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. At Revel IT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right candidate for this or our other open roles!
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.