Our client has a contract opportunity for a Application Developer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Migrate VB6 code to .NET/C# code
- Writes high-quality source code to program complete applications within deadlines.
- Performs unit, integration, and User Acceptance Testing before launch.
- Conducts both functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshoots and debugs applications.
- Develops technical documents and handbooks to describe created/modified code accurately.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of proven experience as an application developer; should have solid experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- 5+ years of in-depth knowledge of programming using Visual Studio
- 5+ years of programming in C# programming language as well as managing / migrating VB6 code
- 5+ Experience in Source control products, especially Visual SourceSafe and Team Foundation Server
- Excellent understanding of software design and programming principles
- Experience with web services (JSON / REST / XML)
- Experience with SQL Server and PL/SQL database modification
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams, etc.
- Great attention to detail and time-management skills
ABOUT REVEL IT:
Revel IT (formerly known as Fast Switch) is one of the fastest-growing, privately held, IT Staffing companies in the nation. Our client base includes 32% of the Fortune 25. We have major offices in Dublin, OH, Phoenix, AZ, Los Angeles, CA, and Austin, TX and are rapidly expanding into new markets from coast to coast.
WHY REVEL IT:
- In addition to standard health and 401k benefits, we offer referral bonuses and training/continuing education opportunities.
- 5-year client retention: 99%
- No. 1 supplier with customers: 53%
- Top 3 supplier with customers: 77%
- Consultant retention: 94%
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
To apply for this job please visit www.revelit.com.