Corelight is an early-stage security startup based in downtown San Francisco and Columbus, OH. We secure some of the most sensitive and mission-critical networks in the world, and our rapidly-growing customer base includes eight of the Fortune 50. Based on the Zeek Network Security Monitor, a beloved and widely used open-source framework, Corelight Sensors transform high-volume network traffic into ‘rocket fuel’ for security analytics and operations. Following in the footsteps of successful open-source security companies such as Sourcefire, Corelight's unfair market advantages include its founders: the inventor of Zeek and its key open-source committers. Join Corelight, and help us make the world's networks safer.
We are seeking a skilled, experienced software engineer that is passionate about ensuring the continued success of our Sensor products. The Platform Engineer will be a key member of the team that maintains, optimizes, and evolves the software platform that supports open source Zeek on the sensor. This role will work closely with other teams in Engineering, as well Customer Success, Product, and our hardware and manufacturing partners to understand opportunities for making our product run more smoothly, reliably, and efficiently. This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate and committed to designing, building, and maintaining Linux-based and cloud-based system and communications infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software development on Unix-style platforms
- Experience programming in at least one popular systems-oriented programming language (such as Python, Go, C, or C++)
- Experience with Unix shell scripting (such as bash)
- Experience with common open source development work flows and tools (such as Git/GitHub/GitLab, make, CMake, or CI systems)
- Experience with physical and virtual appliances, or embedded systems
- Experience developing for cloud environments and containers
- Experience developing packages and infrastructure for Linux distributions
- Experience implementing networking applications
- Experience implementing microservices and RESTful APIs
- Experience working with, or on, Zeek
- Extensive knowledge of network protocols and network security