PURPOSE OF JOB:
Responsible for carrying out technology analysis, design, development and implementation of information technology (IT) systems. This position will resolve routine business issues and recommend IT solutions to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness. Participate with Library staff on projects of varying scopes including planning, scheduling, and execution, as well as modification and replacement of existing systems.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support SQL programming to drive automated processes that positively affect the organization.
- Provide support and oversight for database analyses within the Library’s enterprise applications.
- Develop and write transactional reports to aid day-to-day activities throughout the business.
- Improve and create data specific reports to support the needs of CML’s Library staff and senior management.
- Investigate and resolve application functionality issues related to Library-wide systems
- Assist in managing outsource relationship for third party application development and support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or three years’ related field experience, or combination of work experience and certifications in qualified fields.
- Experience working in Information Technology field in a medium to large enterprise environment.
- Excellent skills (verbal and written) to present technical and non-technical information clearly and concisely to individuals of different backgrounds, technical expertise, and levels of authority.
- 3-5 years providing technical expertise and recommendations in assessing with new IT software projects and initiatives
- 3-5 years providing user analysis in program functions required to improve IT systems.
- Experience working with client-server technology in a Microsoft Windows environment, Office 365, SharePoint, SQL Database Server, Enterprise resource planning environments, Human Resource systems (ADP), Point-of-Sale (SMM), Integrated Library Systems (Polaris).
- Driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and personal vehicle.
Business hours. Monday-Friday 8-5. Flexibility required.